Posts for tag: dental crowns
How Dental Crowns Help Your Smile
A dental crown is one of the most versatile tooth restorations currently available. It can be used to strengthen a cracked took, cover a chipped, broken tooth, or misshapen tooth, and to hide severe stains. Dr. Toan Bui is a dentist at Transcendental, LLC in Clifton, NJ. He offers natural-looking crowns that can enhance the beauty of your smile.
How you Can Benefit from a Transcendental Smile?
Clifton residents who wish to improve the look and function of damaged teeth can enjoy the following benefits from dental crowns:
- Aesthetic improvement: porcelain crowns make your smile look better and improve your self-confidence.
- Natural-looking teeth: dental crowns are custom made so that they are the same shape, size, and color as your natural teeth, so no one will know you’ve had a restoration.
- Stronger teeth: because dental crowns can be used to cover damaged or weakened teeth, this gives them strength and prevents further damage.
- Improved function: by strengthening the teeth, crowns make biting and chewing less difficult.
Dental Crown FAQ
How do I take care of a temporary crown?
You should avoid chewy, sticky, or hard foods and try to minimize the use of that side of your mouth as much as possible. Floss gentle and slide the floss out.
Can crowns develop problems?
It is not common, but a crown may chip or become displaced. If this happens you should see your dentist as soon as possible.
How long do dental crowns last?
This will generally depend on the type of material they are made from, with metal crowns lasting longest. A dental crown may last for years.
If you are looking for a Clifton dentist who can advise you on dental crowns, call Dr. Bui today on (973) 458-9899 to request a consultation.
Crowns may not look impressive, but they're one of the most versatile dental restoration available. The same restoration that protects your tooth can also transform its appearance. Our Clifton, NJ, dentist, Dr. Toan Bui, provides a range of dental services and restorations that will help you maintain your smile, including crowns.
Are they crowns or caps?
You may be more familiar with the term "cap," but no matter what you call the restoration, it offers important benefits for your oral health. Crowns are hollow inside and look like the part of your teeth visible when your smile. They're designed to fit over your teeth and are cemented in place. Your new crown may be made of porcelain, porcelain-fused-to-metal, ceramic, or resin. These materials look like tooth enamel and are available in a variety of shades that match common tooth colors.
When are crowns recommended?
Crowns are used to enhance, protect or restore teeth and may be used if you:
- Break a Tooth: It's difficult, and often painful, to try to chew with a broken tooth. Broken teeth also detract from your appearance. Adding a crown to the tooth eases your pain and restores the normal height and width of your tooth.
- Damage a Tooth: Damaged teeth are more likely to become fractured teeth. Damage may occur if you fell and hurt your tooth, received a blow to the face during a Clifton sporting event or cracked a tooth. Without the addition of a crown, your tooth may eventually break. If the break is severe or extends into the root, it may not be possible to save the tooth.
- Have a Dental Procedure: Dental procedures, such as large fillings or root canal therapy, weaken teeth, making them more likely to fracture. Crowns add a layer of protection that decreases stress on your tooth.
- Want to Change the Way Your Tooth Looks: Crowns conceal imperfections that can detract from your smile. A crown is an excellent choice if one of your teeth has become discolored. It's also a good option if a tooth is shorter than the others or is crooked, pointed, or just shaped a little differently.
Could you benefit from a dental crown? Call our Clifton, NJ, dentist, Dr. Bui, at (973) 458-9899 to schedule your appointment.
Learn about dental crowns from your Clifton dentist.
Damaged tooth? A dental crown will give your damaged tooth a second chance. A dental crown is a "cap" that replaces the exterior portion of a tooth to re-establish its original shape and function. Dr. Toan Bui at Transcendental in Clifton, NJ, offers a complete range of dental services, including crowns. Here are some reasons not to delay getting a crown.
1. Restore Your Tooth
Dental crowns are used to restore broken, chipped, cracked, decayed, and damaged teeth. A tooth that has been damaged can be saved by covering it with a dental crown. When a tooth is severely damaged, the tooth become weaker. This leaves it prone to further damage unless your dentist does something to preserve it.
2. Improve Your Smile
Dental crowns can improve the appearance of your teeth and create a natural appearance. They can instantly correct tooth discoloration. Porcelain dental crowns are beautiful and provide the best natural color of all the crowns. Nothing gives the same translucency, depth, and luster like porcelain crowns.
3. Strengthen Your Tooth
If your tooth has been severely damaged by decay, a filling can't replace enough of the tooth or make the tooth strong enough. A dental crown will make the damaged tooth stronger. All-metal crowns are made using gold or silver-colored dental alloys. Because this type of dental crown is made of metal, it will not break. Porcelain crowns and porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns are also very strong and can produce pleasing aesthetics.
4. Improve Oral Function
A tooth with decay or a broken tooth can make eating painful, interfering with oral function. A dental crown can restore the structure of the tooth so you can eat in comfort and with confidence. With a dental crown, you will experience a dramatic improvement in chewing ability and comfort.
5. Reduce Tooth Sensitivity
Tooth sensitivity is a common problem. Possible causes of tooth sensitivity include tooth decay, fractured teeth, worn tooth enamel, gum disease, worn fillings, and exposed tooth roots. Placing a dental crown can relieve uncomfortable symptoms of tooth damage, such as a sensitivity, toothache, and inflammation.
If you need a dental crown, why wait? We can help you today! Call Transcendental at 973-458-9899 right now to schedule an appointment in Clifton, NJ. With dental crowns, you can have a smile that's both strong and beautiful.
Dental crowns can do many things for you and your smile. Crowns look like regular teeth and fit over existing teeth to correct such problems as cracked, misshapen or damaged teeth. Dental crowns can transform the look of your smile and also improve tooth function. Visit Dr. Toan Bui of Transcendental for dental crowns in Clifton, NJ.
What is a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are caps that cover problem teeth so that they can look and function normally once again. There are many different reasons why a patient might need a crown. Common reasons for getting a dental crown include:
- Covering a cracked tooth
- Covering a discolored tooth
- Covering a tooth that is oddly shaped
- Covering a dental implant
- Needing a dental bridge for a missing tooth
- Having a large cavity that cannot be filled
- Having a root canal
Several things can be accomplished with the installation of dental crowns. In addition to improving the look and appearance of the teeth, dental crowns can also strengthen weak or compromised teeth. They can improve biting, chewing, and other tooth functions, as well. In other words, dental crowns serve both aesthetic and functional purposes. Discuss potential reasons for needing a dental crown with your Clifton area dentist.
Dental crowns can be made from a variety of materials, including porcelain, ceramic, resin or metal. Your dentist will make a mold of your teeth that will be used to create crowns that are custom fit to your mouth. Dental crowns are matched as closely as possible to the color of your existing teeth so that they blend in. Once your dental crowns are ready, your dentist will check the fit and make adjustments, if needed. When the fit has been perfected, the crowns will be permanently affixed to your teeth using a special dental cement.
Dental crowns can correct many different dental concerns. They can improve everyday tooth functions, such as biting and chewing, while also giving you a beautiful new smile. For dental crowns in Clifton, NJ, call Transcendental at (973) 458-9899 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Bui.