Dental bridges make it possible to replace missing teeth and recreate a full smile! These restorations are traditionally made of artificial teeth (called pontics) that are attached to a metal or ceramic bridge. At each end of the bridge is a dental crown, which fits over an existing tooth to help hold the bridge in place. At Transcendental in Clifton, NJ, Dr. Toan Bui is your dentist for dental bridges—a consultation with him determine if this tooth replacement option is right for you!
Types of Dental Bridges
There is more than one type of dental bridge and a consultation with our Clifton dentist can determine which one is right for you! Whatever type of dental bridge you need, it will be custom made for a perfect fit. Some types of dental bridges include:
- Conventional dental bridge
- Cantilever dental bridge
- Resin-bonded dental bridge
Conventional or traditional dental bridges are held in place by dental crowns that fit over the natural teeth at each end of the bridge. A cantilever or resin-bonded dental bridge can be used when there are no natural teeth for a crown to fit over on one side of the dental bridge.
Benefits of a Dental Bridge
A dental bridge offers several benefits. Some of these benefits are functional, such as providing additional teeth for biting and chewing food. Others are aesthetic, such as filling in the gaps in your smile where teeth are missing. The larger list of benefits includes:
- Restoring your smile
- Boosting your confidence
- Providing support for sagging facial muscles
- Preventing existing teeth from moving out of place
- Restoring normal biting and chewing functions
- Redistributing biting and chewing functions evenly across all teeth
- Alleviating extra strain on existing teeth that were compensating for missing ones
- Improving speech, which can be affected by gaps in your smile
Interested? Give our Clifton Office a Call!
If you are looking to rebuild your smile, schedule an appointment with our dentist by dialing (973) 458-9899!