Looking to replace your lost tooth and fix your smile? How about a visit to your Clifton, NJ, dentist of Transcendental, Dr. Toan Bui, to discuss revamping your smile with dental bridges.
What Is a Dental Bridge
A dental bridge is a tooth appliance consisting of two or more dental crowns and a false tooth in the middle that replaces your missing tooth. Dental bridges are one of the numerous tooth restorations available for you.
Types of Dental Bridges
- Traditional Bridges These bridges consist of two dental crowns which will sit on your natural teeth and a pontic in between. It's usually made of porcelain, porcelain bonded to metal, or ceramic.
- Cantilever Bridges They're made of the same material as traditional bridges but they are anchored on only one side. Cantilever bridges are prone to damage from chewing so, they're not the best option for your back teeth.
- Maryland Bridges They're attached to your natural teeth by wings usually on only one side. They could be porcelain, porcelain bonded to metal, or plastic teeth and gums with a metal or porcelain support.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
- They Complete Your Smile That gap your lost tooth leaves behind can ruin your smile. It could also dampen your self-esteem, holding you back from smiling often. Luckily, dental bridges can fill out that gap. The porcelain crowns look like your natural teeth, so your tooth restoration is unnoticeable.
- They Prevent Shifting When you lose a tooth or more, they leave behind a gap. Your remaining natural teeth tend to shift and move into the space. This shifting could give you crooked teeth and affect your oral function. Your teeth shifting into the gaps could put off your TMJ alignment, therefore, altering your bite. Your dentist in Clifton, NJ, can help preserve your dental alignment with dental bridges. They'll fill out the gaps so that your smile stays intact.
- Confidence Boost If losing your teeth had forced you to hide away your smile, you won't have to anymore. Your dentist will ensure that your tooth restorations match your natural teeth as closely as possible. So, you can smile or speak confidently and people will be none the wiser.
Fill that gap and fix your teeth with dental bridges. Call (973) 458-9899 to schedule your consultation with your Clifton, NJ, dentist, Dr. Bui of Transcendental to learn more about dental bridges today.